This has been such a highly requested blog and one of my favourite things to do! A simple smokey eye, which I think is easy enough for beginners. I’m a qualified makeup artist and work as a makeup artist as well. However this look was defiantly self taught. I find with makeup you have to teach yourself. My makeup style is definitely more natural and enhancing what we already have which I know isn’t everyone’s style. This look would be good for someone who wants to do a smokey eye for an occasion but isn’t sure how!
I thought it would be easier to watch how I did it rather than me try to explain. I’ve attached a video of the different steps I did to create my smokey eye!
So just to do a quick run through..
1. I start with a transition colour. I always like to use an orange tone for this to give the eye some warmth and definition. I nearly always use a Matt bronzer. In this look I used the Nip and Fab contour pallet and used the bronzer.
2. The base. I find with my eyes a cream base works best, but this could vary for everyone! For the base I used my trusty Charlotte tilbury eyes to mesmerise in ‘Bette’
3. BLEND! Blend that all in using a fluffy brush.
4. I used a loose pigment for the ‘pop’ colour, I used this in the centre of my eyes to make them stand out. I used Barry M dazzle dust n5 for this. I then took some of the dazzle dust under my bottom lash line. Focussing in the inner corner. This makes the eyes appear bigger.
5. To get the smokey affect I used the two dark browns in the sweet peach pallet. I put this in the crease of my eye.
6. I then take the dark brown under my eye focussing on the outer corners. This defines the eye.
7. Add mascara! I used the Maybelline lash sensational.
8. Highlight!!! This really brings out the eyes even more. Highlight under the brow bone and tear ducts. I use the Becca highlighter in ‘moonstone’
And that’s it! I hope it was easy and straight forward to follow. Here’s the finished look!
Thanks for reading and I hope it helps!
Lots of love